Friday, January 18, 2013

The boy wizard and the church that makes God just small enough to sit on your bookshelf.

I know this is a debate that is probably long gone, but I am really bored with Christians talking about how they think Harry Potter glorifies sorcery and is a bad influence on children. Particularly when they follow this up by declaring that they haven't read it. Yes he's a wizard. But if you bothered to actually look a bit more closely, you would see that it's more about friendship, love, growing up, and the pain in the butt of being at school. If only the church's biggest problem was a ten year old with a scar on his forehead. The idea that Harry Potter poses a threat to God is insulting. And even as a 32-year-old, anyone telling me I shouldn't read something because it's not good for me is tantamount to turning it into a giant blackforest gateau with my name on it. Get real. Your behaviour is a real turn-off. So no, the date from the Christian dating website did not go swimmingly.

2 comments:

just Gai said...

Hear hear!

blue hands said...

Agree with you about HP. Sorry about the date. xxx