Wednesday, August 29, 2012

House Schmouse

So it has been a while. I know that's bad. But I've been busy, ok? Although to be fair, this probably constitutes one of the busiest weeks I've had in a long time. I'm unexpectedly having to move house, there is nothing left to sit on in the flat, and my new housemate and I are now hauling ourselves around Bristol trying to find somewhere to live. And we've seen some corkers. The best was like stepping into a trippy dream. It was advertised as having a back yard, so I went through the house to the kitchen expecting to see a back door. Instead, the garden appeared to be a good floor's height below. When I asked the agent how you get to it, he then opened the little door to what I thought was the cupboard under the stairs. These carpeted steps lead down to... the bathroom. The steps came out right by the bath. The door to the backyard was next to the toilet. I don't think I've ever quite seen anything like it, and if I was still a student I think I'd have said screw it, lets move in. As it is, I'm too old to be walking the miles to the bathroom in the night. And what happens if you're having a garden party, someone's on the loo, and then someone arrives at the front door? You have to consider these things. Needless to say, we're not getting that one. I thought I'd start posting some of the pictures people put online, apparently to try and lure you in. This is today's favourite, just so you can see what the toilet looks like. No photos of the bedrooms I hasten to add. Surely not a good sign.

No comments: